Benefits of Silk Flowers...
Why use Silk Flowers?
Have you checked out the silk flowers, foliage and artificial plants and trees that are available these days?
It's hard to believe how realistic they look, and feel.
The latest high-end floral reproductions are so amazingly lifelike and 'botanically correct' that I have actually gone up to displays to touch petals and run my thumbnail across leaves to find out.
Even the television and movie industries enjoy the benefits of using 'permanent botanicals' for set decoration. After all, replacing real floral displays when they start wilting after a day under hot lights is expensive!
If you are shopping for floral arrangements or bouquets, you (and your wallet) will be delighted, and guests will be buzzing in amazement and wonder about the realism of our designs.
Artificial flowers really have come a long way in recent years.
So, on to the comparison...I am just going to list the advantages of using silks in floral designs. You can assume the opposite applies to fresh flowers.
Silk Flowers Versus Fresh:
Advantages, Reasons for Choosing
Artificial flowers last...and last...and last. And they can be cleaned easily and quickly to look fresh as ever.
Weather conditions will not affect them. They don't need care or feeding, won't wilt, dry out, or die.
Mementos of special celebrations will endure for many years.
Availability and pricing are not ruled by the seasons, remembrance days or holidays. You can pretty much get what you want, in a wide variety of colors, whenever you wish, at reasonable and customary prices.
Most artificial flower stems and elements can be bent, twisted and shaped — kind of like floral sculpting — to create unusual and striking designs.
Silk and artificial elements can be RE-USED again if in good condition. Don't throw them away, recombine them and build a brand new flower arrangement!
Benefits of Silk Flowers for Weddings and Celebrations
Silk wedding flower arrangements and bouquets (Listen up, brides-to-be!) cost about half as much as fresh flowers. If you want to save even more, inquire about RENTING silk florals.
- You can order silk flowers well ahead of any celebration, and request samples (e.g., for the bridal bouquet and wedding reception flowers) before committing. No last minute surprises or substitutions! And late additions are relatively easy to acquire.
- Silk bridal bouquets are much lighter to hold than fresh. I'm sure you will appreciate that a silk flower wedding bouquet will seem almost weightless, compared to a fresh bouquet that requires water-soaked foam to delay wilting.
- Silk flowers are almost indestructible (no crushing or bruising).
- For destination weddings, a silk bridal bouquet can be packed in a suitcase and emerge unharmed hours or days later. And there won't be any problems with international Customs authorities.
- Why spend a fortune on fresh flowers when they'll end up in the trash? Why not have a keepsake instead?
- Silk flowers allow you to preview your bridal flowers before the wedding day, giving you peace of mind to focus on other projects.
- Having your bridal flowers in advance can also serve as the color palette for coordinating your bridal party's attire.
- They would be available for bridal photos, if having the wedding photographs taken months, weeks or days before the wedding date.
- They are always in season, available in a wide array of colors and varieties
- They are perfect for cruise weddings when fresh flowers are not allowed on board
- You can bring them back with you from a destination wedding overseas since fresh flowers are not allowed through customs
- They won't wilt during the ceremony or soil your beautiful gown.They are lighter and more comfortable to hold and they won't aggravate your allergies
- They can be just as beautiful as fresh flowers
*This article was reproduced with permission from www.Silk-Flower-Smart.com.